Free Blog Counter

Tuesday 31 August 2010

Not so unlucky Theo and a brief encounter

I feel surprisingly optimistic about this season. 7 points out of 9 wouldn't automatically make me swell with pride but I think in honesty lies the future. After watching all three games I am a happy gooner.

We're still a million miles from full fitness and form but who would expect that in august? Mark my words, not every top side will escape ewood park with the points, I'm looking at liverpool, city, everton to lose there.

We mixed it physically, technically we were as sharp as a sharp thing and we were fluid at times that reminded me of the team we were a few years back. There seemed to be a bit less fear on saturday. A bit more belief.

Plus, I was pleased that we shut up ol hairy faced Big (fat) Sam. Perhaps stoke and the like will take note? Doubtful, but we can hope.

In other news - the transfer window slams shut at 6pm tonight. Let's hope we don't get our fingers trapped trying to sneak someone in thru the back bathroom window.

I'm not going to blog about the speculation today as no doubt we're signing everyone with the exception of me, I'm too busy to play twice a week.

I'll post on thurs once its all settled with my thoughts.

Til then gooners!!

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment