Free Blog Counter

Saturday 21 August 2010

Tangerine dreams and elusive frenchmen

So its saturday, its my 30th birthday, new arsenal shirt on and its off to a surprise trip for today.

With that in mind, I cast my mind to the visit of the tangerines to the emirates. Blackpool's dream start to premiership life against the pie-eating latics was something I'd predicted with a few mates (wigan's defence is all a bit new and untested and kirkland's a liability).

Ian Holloway's bristolian charm always makes me smile, his enthusiasm for the game is unquestionable. I think his 4-3-3 formation is fab, his 'we'll score more than them' attitude is fresh in a league where 12 teams play for points and don't play football.

His players love him and so do his fans because he's honest. He's an optimistic, enthusiastic guy and I hope the prem doesn't break him.

Today is going to be a big test. Do blackpool stick to what they're good at and go for a result? In truth I don't think it will matter. I believe arsenal will batter them today. I hope its a real end to end game that arsenal win 7:1 because with the spanish waiter we will surely concede.

In defence, I'd like to see djourou and vermaelen. As I've said before I think fans need to give djourou a fair crack of the whip.

So its MoTD for me, I'm looking forward to a very positive result and some cameo's from our summer wanderers.

To an injury free day and a great result for arsenal I raise my McDonald's still fanta and we travel off to my surprise. Make me proud gents and sing for the gooners!

On the issue of transfers I'll be brief, it seems offloading traore to benfica has fallen through due to his personal demands. Taking into consideration his age, will he be in the 25? I'm not sure.

Apparently we're after squillaci, I remember seeing him a few years back for bayern munich I think and I thought he was pretty tidy.

Oh and we've unsettled schwarzer, well we've put in bids so, at least we're trying to do it by the book.

Til tomorrow gooners

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment