Free Blog Counter

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Alas poor Philippe, I knew him well....kinda.

I really rate Philippe Senderos, I think physically he has all the attributes to be a good defender. Stature, Strength, Good jumping all of which are essential.

He also has desire, but I think, similar to Fabianski he is a bit fragile mentally. This can cause him to go missing in the big games, or allow himself to be totally submissive to someone like Drogba, who, given the opportunity will bully you and make you look daft.

Hodgson however has a decent track record with defenders, Hangeland, Hughes, Smalling. Three defenders that have improved massively under his tutelage. Paul Konchesky has been more consistent also.

I think this is a good move for Senderos, he marginalised himself very successfully by stating that he wanted to stay at AC Milan because they were a big club. Well lit my son, the touchpaper of your Arsenal career is well and on its way to the barrels of Dynamite.

However, I'd rather not speak ill of the absent. I think on his day he is a superb defender and will be an asset to Fulham. I wish him well.

In terms of Arsenal, thats another body off the training ground and off the payroll. So, another body that needs replacing.

I wonder if Wenger will bother or whether he will continue to promote from within, I'd like to see Nordveit, JET and Eastmond given a shot at the bench this year.

Til next time Gooners

WiganGooner

No comments:

Post a Comment