Free Blog Counter

Tuesday 1 June 2010

The Business-end of the season?

Thursday, July 1 2010.

I don't know about other fans, but this day won't come quick enough. The Transfer Window will be open. Sounds a bit more impressive than cracking open the sash for a bit of breeze..

Sadly, in truth my analogy is probably closer to the truth, though perhaps an explanation is required.

Silly Season begins with more fervour and effort than ever before. Tabloid hacks will be leaning their necks out of Cars, Trains, Office windows and eavesdropping on conversations in public houses to get the "Fresh Transfer rumour of the day".."The transfer thats going to happen!!"...

God Help Us All.

I've learned not to get carried away, adopting a "believe it when I see it" attitude thats been a healthier way for me to spend my summers. Naturally with regards to Arsenal we are lacking in a few areas (well documented by many) so I believe this will be done in the usual Arsenal way with little fuss and media intervention, unlike some who prefer to do their Transfers in public and indeed their tapping-up "thats not tapping up out of respect"..

So, I guess all thats left is hold onto your underpants Arsenal fans, it could be a bumpy window so hold on to your beliefs, trust in Arsene and the right things for Arsenal will happen.

Hope you had a good Bank-Holiday weekend folks!!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment