Free Blog Counter

Wednesday 16 February 2011

A clash of two footballing titans

I find it difficult to find words to describe the football euphoria that is taking over me today. Work is going to take so long when all I want to do is be sat ready to watch the game with beer in hand. A match where I'd kill to be at the Emirates and none of my friends are flogging me a ticket!

So onto the football, tonight sees us take on Barca in an epic game that will decide the season for many fans. Its a watershed game, if we play well and perhaps even get a result then fans will begin to believe that we are capable of winning the Champions League, the Premier league and to a lesser extent the Carling Cup to hit a fantastic treble.

A poor performance will bring down the doom and gloom and certain areas of the fanbase will be questioning Arsene, the playing squad, tactics, our style of play. The fickle nature of our fans irks me somewhat, try being a Toffees fan, or a Latics fan...

For me, whatever the result I'm looking forward to the football, if we can compete (and I believe we can) then it will be a great spectacle and we have a great chance of getting a result. What I'd give to be in the north bank when we score....we will score tonight, Barca are great going forwards, but defensively they aren't a rock, far from it and Pique is struggling without his perennial partner, Puyol. If we can keep Alves back and keep pressing at the central defensive partnership of Pique and Puyol I think we will get a result.

Come on you gunners, stand up, stand tall, fight with all your might and the winner will take home the spoils.

WG

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment