Free Blog Counter

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Swift return to normaility and focus - Team news and lineup

We play Stoke tonight in the Premier League, shock horror expect wholesale changes again to return to our normal match day squad.

After the disappointing, but not unforgivable game at the weekend its important to get back on the bus. I expect the lineup to look something like this.

Sczcesny

Sagna

Djourou Squillaci

Clichy

Wilshire Song

Walcott Fabregas Nasri

Chamakh

The Potters are a different animal from when they were promoted. They've got more mobility up front, with big strikers to attack the long ball and crosses put in by Etherington and Pennant (both tricky wingers). The long throw-ins are the stuff of Premier League legend but we have no need to fear them in the way we once did. Koscielny and Djourou are both good in the air and with Sczcesny more than capable with aerial balls I think we are in with a very good shout.

I really would like a great performance tonight, I'd like to see that arrogant little mug Pulis' face turn beetroot red with anger and then watch with joy as he wets himself in frustration, much like a baby.

A good win will put more turf between us and those below and continue to put more pressure on ManYoo.

Come on you Gooners

WG

** EDIT **

Changed Team Lineup due to injury reports to Koscielny and RvP. It was an oversight not spotted in the editing progress.

Thank you to Anonymous for spotting it!

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

2 comments:

  1. ????????rvp injured!Koscielny injured too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thank you for that :) I'd love to lie and say it was an intentional mistake, but it was a cock up by me in the editing process (I wrote the article earlier in the week pre-press announcements yesterday and forgot to update it accordingly).

    My mistake, thank you for spotting it, shows I'm being read I suppose :)

    Thank you for reading and keeping me on the straight and narrow!

    WG

    ReplyDelete