Free Blog Counter

Monday 19 July 2010

4-nil a wonderful result for fans

Lets not get carried away however, Barnet were a shadow of the team they were last season.

It should be unsurprising that the first pre-season games are strewn with mistakes, un-stellar (if thats even a word, or appropriate description) performances and lung busting runs to get rid of the summer play-weight.

I have a few things that I noted whilst watching the game. Arshavin looked brighter this year, he looked like he wanted it more. I don't know if thats down to being more settled and having a more relaxing summer but he generally looked a hell of a lot happier.

Rosicky looked pretty good for the old-fart he's becoming, I hope he can stay injury-free as I really rate him as a player who can cook up something special.

Jack Wilshire looked good in the centre, admittedly he was given time and space but he created chances and looked very lively. I think Wenger might want to give him a short loan spell and bring him back in Jan as a run in to the end of the season to give us a needed boost in the fit-players dept.

Koscielny also did ok. His reading of the game was pretty good. His slight frame is a worry as was his wayward passing at times. Items to be sorted in pre-season I hope.

There were a few players playing for their next season I felt, trying to show Wenger that they belong, or that they deserve further opportunities. Jay Simpson scored two goals and looked very lively up front. His strength and pace are great assets but I think he lacks the creativity that Wenger craves in his players. A move to a Bolton-esque team would be a huge benefit to him and I think he would be a success in the Prem.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is another player that needs Prem game time to refine his game, a move to West Brom or one of the promotion hopefuls would be a huge benefit. Maybe a trip back to Blackpool? Should they sort their ground in time anyway.

Frimpong, what to do with him, a busy, combative midfielder with a decent bit of power and pace. He lacks composure and I think better opposition may have a bit too much nounce for him. I think he needs first-team football at a decent level, maybe championship or league one to round his game.

Nordveit, out of position on the right, but coped well with what was in front of him. I want to see more of him at CB over pre-season. I think Wenger's going to keep him at home as a sub for the Prem to save buying someone.

Transfer Gubbins

I underlined it, get me. All professional and stuff.

Phil Jagielka - Absolutely love him on FIFA, he's good on Footy Manager and he's a great defender in the prem. A lesson to be learned is this, Joleon Lescott. Everton didn't want to sell. They refused to be bullied and got a lot of money for him. Anyone that thinks Wenger would sign him for £18 million is bonkers. Perhaps more bonkers than Dizzy Rascal. We've never spent that sort of cash and especially when its obvious Everton would want way more than that for him.

I think our CB reinforcements will come through from within. You can hold me to that, and then call me stupid when we sign Jagielka for £35million..and not before.

No comments:

Post a Comment