Free Blog Counter

Thursday 1 July 2010

Its a mad, mad world

Shock horror, much to the media's amazement Cesc has said that he has at no point said he definitely wants to leave.

An exclusive to some tabloid hacks, an obvious thing to say for me.

A few things are clear, firstly Arsenal do not need to sell and value Cesc highly. Cesc has a massive amount of love for Wenger, naturally reciprocated and importantly and possibly the deal breaker, Barca don't need Cesc. They just don't. Cesc has seen this whilst with the Spanish squad...he can't get past Xavi and Iniesta.

Clearly there is the fear that he'd just warm the bench for a year or two til the inevitable decline of Xavi or Iniesta gives him a shot at the first team rather than being a bit part player.

Perhaps he also feels a bit undervalued, Barca not offering more than 35mil when they shelled out 40 and Eto to inter for Ibrahimovic...I know I'd be offended...with his potential, earning power through shirt sales and being the 'local boy come good' I'd be looking at the 50mil plus bracket.

Its all about selling papers really, I don't think he'll go and I think he'll be glad when the window is shut.

As for me, my believe it when I see it mantra is still active

Love you and leave you....for now

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment