Free Blog Counter

Thursday 15 July 2010

High Availability & Beer - Part 2 of the Half Yarder and free beer saga

High Availability is akin to prostituting yourself on a second by second basis. Its the easiest way to think about it. With this though in mind, High Availability is a term generally reserved in my circles for an application or service that can be (at any moment in time) switched to another resource without interruption (or very brief interruption) to the users.

In terms of this particular night, High Availability for me was them plying me with free beer and food so that I didn't get distracted and wander off. The clever swines.

However, much of this was finished well before the game started and I settled down into my seat for the start of the game. It was a cold night, so I drank a coffee to take the nip off...wrapped my Arsenal scarf round my face, pulled down my wooly hat and settled in to start singing and enjoying myself, blocking out the suave, yet entirely vacant corporate sales guys.

Onto the match, Arsenal dominated. Absolutely dominated. We were all over them like a moss and we had to score, just had to...I think the pressure was getting to the boys, we were creating chance after chance after chance and it didn't go in. Rosicky missed an open goal from 4 yards. Henry and Robin were trying everything to make the win happen it just wouldn't come.

How frustrating, classic Arsenal possession and no end product, a marker for the frustration of that season. How little I knew it then.

It continued to be an absolute pressure cooker of a game and we should have won by a mile. This was largely the conversation as we all made our way to the Gunners and then to the Tube and back home to Broadstairs.

Full match report can be read here from the lovely guys at Arsenal.com

Til next time

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment