Free Blog Counter

Friday 9 July 2010

Onto Arsenal

Well, thats bloody annoying! Koscielny signs. This causes me a problem. He was listed on the Transfer-linked section on Arsenal.com. So now do we pay more attention to it as its produced a legitimate transfer after gossiping about it?

I don't know and that annoys me. A lot. I much preferred when I could easily say I will believe it when I see it on Arsenal.com. Now what the hell am I supposed to think?

As transfer rumours go, We're linked with Tasci, Jagielka and millions others. As with Koscielny I think it will be a bit unexpected. However, Wenger has said there is a need for more experience, perhaps a more established premier league defender would fit the bill, but certainly not his transfer budget I think. Especially as Koscielny cost more than Wenger wanted to spend (apparently 10m) when we initially (if sources are to be believed) went in at 4.5m.

So, I wonder, with the mooted transfer cost of Chamakh being in the region of £15m (I'm assuming this is wages and bonuses) how much is left in the infamously tight, padlocked petty cash kitty of Arsene Wenger. Certainly much has been made of the profits made by Arsenal PLC but how much heads towards team development I wouldn't like to assume.

Food for thought, certainly I think we'll see more activity on this front from Arsenal this week before next weekends annual friendly at Barnet. We know Wenger likes to get his transfers in before pre-season.

So...lets hope for progress on this front soon!!

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment