Free Blog Counter

Monday 12 July 2010

I went dutch....so that didn't work out so well...

Sooo.....Holland 0 : 1 Spain..

Well kinda nailed my prediction....I was right that Van Bommel would bully Spain, between him and De Jong they kept Xavi and Iniesta out of the game for most of it and Van Bommel didn't get himself sent off...lucky git. De Jong owes Webb a present of some description for his karate kick on Alonso..bit of a shocker that.

All in all I'm pleased with the result, my bets didn't come off due to extra time, the scoreline etc but I'm pleased for Spain, they defended well and created good chances. Sneider and Robben linked well last night again, Robben being the target for a fair few clever balls over and through the back line and Iker Casillas was masterful in goal to keep him out. In truth it was a fitting end to a good world cup. Two teams at the top of the worlds game, both with equal potential to win (for differing reasons) and it was an interesting spectacle.

Now for us Gooners its time to start scouring for transfer news, rumours and scuttlebutt hoping for some little smidgeon of information that gives us hope.

As yet its not really been forthcoming, rumours about Almunia being shipped out, Big Sol looking for his last paycheck and the apparent arrival of Mark Schwarzer and Joe Cole, all of which I will apply my IWBIWISI (I believe it when I see it) system to and see what happens. I am excited however for the new season and I can't wait to see what new bodies run out at Barnet on Saturday.

Til the next post Gooners!

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment