Free Blog Counter

Thursday 23 December 2010

Its a critical yet Merry Christmas

The Christmas period is one unique to the Premier League and the UK football leagues. Where other leagues and football associations see fit to allow players to enjoy this festive period the English FA are happy to watch our boys running about on Boxing day...and so am I to be honest.

Its a period where games are won and lost, shock results DO happen and below-par performances are a certainity.

Its a period where Arsenal have generally done well under Arsene and I'm hoping for more of the same. We're not top for Christmas, but the real prize is at the end of the season, our Santa Claus is to deliver consistency, big performances and a return to fitness and form for our squad.

I have no doubt we are able to win the league, noone is running away with it and there is no clear favourite. I think we have what it takes, using the argument of young Jack Wilshire, the Carling Cup could well be the catalyst that spurs us on to some big performances in the league.

Me, I'm just looking forward to drinking too much, eating too much and watching some good football. Everything after that is next year and I don't care too much for that right now.

If I run out of time with all this Crimbo shopping malarky, Have a fantastic Christmas gooners, one and all. Thank you for your great feedback and I look forward to spending even more time talking to you guys in the new year.

WiganGooner.

Technorati : , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , ,
Flickr : , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment