Free Blog Counter

Thursday 9 December 2010

Laurent Koscielny - the good, the bad and the ugly

I like Koscielny, I think he has everything in the bag to be a good defender.

He's got good recovery pace, I'd say he's the best jockey'er of opposition players we have. Forcing players out wide and nicking the ball off them. 1v1 he is excellent.

His desire to win the ball is commendable and after an initial flurry of cards his timing of challenges has improved and he is in good form at the moment (head injuries aside).

The one thing I hate seeing him do - and he did it at least three times last night was break out of the back four to chase down a ball in the midfield. This generally ended up with him being miles out of position and left us a little exposed.

Its not his fault, its desire to win the ball and desire to win. He does need to be a bit more disciplined in these moments and let Song and Denilson do the chasing.

I do tip him for great success in the Arsenal squad, I think he's a good player, he just needs to keep improving and these creases will be ironed out.

WG

4 comments:

  1. MikE says

    nice positive post. well said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post... but thats a way of defending aswell mate... only problem is his timing. Alesandro nesta is master in defending like that. kos will get it right eventually

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahmed, I agree with you to a point, but he shouldn't be up in the right wing area trying to win a ball. I'm not knocking him however, I think he just needs a bit more discipline.

    Thanks for commenting though, we've all got opinions and I do this to share mine and hear everyone elses.

    G

    ReplyDelete