Free Blog Counter

Sunday 13 March 2011

Am I relieved or disappointed?

I said yesterday that I wasn't bothered about the FA cup. I know its a trophy but if its that or the league its a no brainer.

It was a game we needed to win in terms of confidence and proving our credentials for the title.

But it is fixtures that if we didn't have to play them would provide our players with extra recovery time and that is indispensible in the run-in.

Frankly, I'm pleased we're out. I wanted to beat the scummy Manc's but for now I'll take solace in the fact that they will have to play more games than us!

My phone sang with texts from Manc's crowing at the 2:0 victory. Chants of 'No trophy, no league' echoed off my phone.

My defence, 'text me again in may when we're taking the league trophy for a trip round North London'.

Yesterday proved for me that Diaby cannot play central midfield for us and how much we really miss Song. We need cover for him so badly its crazy. Denilson did ok, but overall I'm disappointed with the lack of quality chances created against a poor Man Utd side.

Roll on tomorrow when I can start thinking about the next game.

*** Blog news *** www.wigangooner.co.uk is live and a new look website is in development. Exciting times!!

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment