Free Blog Counter

Tuesday 8 March 2011

"We've got many players like him in our second team"

The war of words begin. Suspicions of gamesmanship and trickery by Arsene over the injuries to Cesc and RvP are being mooted in the media. The above quote is from Pep Guardiola regarding young Jack, though perhaps its worth mentioning that if Pep actually watched the game at the Emirates, Jack tore Iniesta and Xavi a new one. More than once too.

Arsene's response to the criticism's and mooted suggestions was simple, "The whole truth is what I have given you here. We'll see tomorrow morning. The medical team will assess him and I would like him to play. But I will only play him if he is 100 per cent fit. OK, I will consider 99.5."

"For me these are two problems," he said. "Cesc had a muscle problem. Robin has a ligament problem. There is more risk for a muscle problem. So it is just whether he feels he is fit to play. There is not the same risk of recurrence like there is with a muscular problem."

Personally, in preference to Bendtner I'd play RvP if we had to wheel him around the pitch. Thats not to say that I don't value Bendtner's input I just think RvP is sharper and he's got the ability to nick a goal more than Bendtner can Nik a goal...(see what I did there?)

I'm holding my breath until after lunch when we hear the results of the fitness tests etc..

Til later Gooners, COME ON LETS DO IT.

WG

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment