Free Blog Counter

Friday 4 March 2011

Oriental fallout after kicking

Wednesday night was enjoyable wasn't it? It was good to see the boys enjoying themselves and getting a good result in the process.

What was a marked difference from THAT game was that there seemed to be a more aggressive, determined aura about the team. Nasri's frustration at fluffing a chance when we were 4:0 up was just one indicator of their desire to win convincingly.

I was pleased for Chamakh, him getting the scoreboard ticking over will be good for his confidence and we needed it. Rosicky, as tipped on here put in a great shift and those doom-mongers who have suggested he's past it and a 'waste of a player' should firmly be put in their place.

Did anyone else see that shot by Denilson? Unbelieveable!

Naturally the hat-trick for NB52 will further back up his belief that he's the worlds greatest and if he carries on that scoring form I'll not tell him any different.

Coming up soon the team news for Sunderland

WG

4 comments:

  1. Chamakh scored, but he didn't look that good. He's really going to have to step up, otherwise losing RVP is going to be Arsenal's undoing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i am going to get put down for saying this.
    But i think that denislon is an underated player. He plays his role realy well and he sticks to his role rather than going on a tangent he stays on the straight and does what he's supposed to be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Denilson. I think ppl have problems with him because he was used as a creative midfielder when he is clearly a DM. Last year, he was unable to come up with the vision and passes that Cesc, Wilshere, Aaron and Nasri come up with. These are essential for our flowing game. As a DM, Denilson is good. I had a problem when he was deployed as a CM.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ostensibly I have no problem with Denilson as a footballer at all. His technique is pretty good but his position is not central midfield in the Premier League. He's not strong enough, nor is he a good enough reader of the game.
    I think his best position is higher up the pitch in the Fabregas role, but we have players for that position already.

    I do like him (despite how much he frustrates me at times) but I fear he is slipping behind the likes of Ramsey and most recently the precocious talent of Wilshire.

    You're right, he is by and large disliked by a lot of the Arsenal support, which is a shame because he is a terrific footballer, just a square peg in a round hole in our midfield I think. Thank you for posting though and I hope, sincerely that you don't think I've put you down and that Denilson proves me wrong.

    WG

    ReplyDelete