Free Blog Counter

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Finishing the job. Professional-like.

After the first game at the O's we were largely unfussed about the result. Rounds of "ahh it was a good day out and they deserve a go at the Emirates" and "We'll put it right at home so it doesn't matter" were hitting the blogosphere and I'll admit I subscribe to that train of thought too.

It does give us the opportunity to banish the negativity following the weekend's performance by playing a solid, professional game and getting the right result.

Almunia

Eboue

Miquel Squillaci

Gibbs

Ramsey Denilson

Bendtner Diaby Arshavin

Chamakh

The return of Rambo is significant for tonight. He's been playing reasonably regularly for Cardiff and his form is good and with Arsene's suggestion that he might play tonight I see it as an opportunity to rest Wilshire too. However, he could also be on the bench and Rosicky to start in his place, such is the competition for places...

Apologies for the sarcasm, it is generally beneath me..ok its not but the point is, we do have reasonably fit bodies to put in there and their quality is more than enough to win against a busy, robust Orient.

I'm also looking forward to Miquel being given another opportunity as he was not selected for the reserves against West Ham to keep him fit for this fixture. I think he's a great prospect and I don't think he'll disappoint.

I'm looking forward to the game and hopefully I'll be happy with the result. Now the question is, given the fact that the Verminator didn't play for the reserves, will Arsene risk him tonight?

Til next time Gooners!

WG

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

2 comments:

  1. sadly Rambo can't play due to the fact he wasn't available for the initial game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon,

    Thanks for commenting. The FA rules on this are as follows;

    "In all Rounds a player must have been a registered member of his club at 12 noon the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round.

    In the case of postponed, drawn or replayed matches only those players who were eligible at the time fixed for playing the Round shall be allowed to play.

    A registered member is one who has either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his
    club competes in the current season.

    All such registrations must have been received and accepted by the Leagues and/or Association by 12 noon the day previous to the date fixed for playing the Round. "

    So to my mind, (though I'm willing to accept I may be wrong) as Ramsey is and has always been a registered member of Arsenal FC he should be eligible to play as he is not cup-tied.

    I hope this clears it up and if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will help out.

    Thanks for posting.

    WG

    ReplyDelete