Free Blog Counter

Thursday 7 October 2010

Entitled to the title?

In every competition in the world regardless of genre there is always one constant. The favourite doesn't always win. In competition there are no foregone conclusions, its the basis of gambling. Its why there is competition in the first place.

Its a basic concept, but easily forgotten it seems.

I see fans screaming this and that, demanding this and that from Arsenal. I want to scream and shout sometimes too, but in truth, the Arsenal product is already the generic fans favourite and I rarely enjoy watching anyone else playing football in the same way I enjoy Arsenal.

Arsenal is a football club, a vehicle designed to put 11 players on the pitch to compete for the Premier League title. Wengers Arsenal, a different animal from Graham's, Howe's, Neills, Mee's plays the most attractive football in the country. Its a benchmark that many teams aspire to.

I take pride in the fact that my team are a template for other teams to aspire to.

A lot keeps getting made of the Financial side of Football so I'd like to add my 20p's worth, Arsenal are an independant, self-financing, successful business. They have no need for a large investor to invest heavily in the club and for someone to do so would jeapordise what has been built so carefully.

In balance against the rest of the Premier League, I'm happy to be competing (as thats the whole point, the league is long) and I'm proud to wear my shirt. There are envious eyes across the world wanting to be like Arsenal. I'm just glad Arsenal continue to maintain their integrity and keep trying to better the playing squad. Yes I want bigger and better players, but there is only one Thierry Henry, Vieira, Pires. The world is a big barrell.

In summary, respect to Wenger, his gift to us has been great football, some good and bad results but never has it been boring.

WG

Technorati :
Del.icio.us :
Zooomr :
Flickr :

No comments:

Post a Comment