Free Blog Counter

Friday 8 October 2010

Ma-no-no oh no Ma-no

Morning all,

Vito Mannone has reared his head via the media stating that he is unhappy at being behind Fabianski and Almunia in the pecking order at Arsenal. Its probably fair to say he should be grateful Sczcesny hasn't pipped him for 3rd choice.

I do like Mannone though, he looks fricking evil and he's a good goalie. He deserves a shot at the #1 shirt as much as Fabianski in my opinion. He rightly suggested his record when he played last season was good and whilst he did make a mistake, he made up for it with two man-of-the-match performances.

One thing with Mannone, I never once thought he'd get bullied, I didn't sit there waiting for him to do something daft and gift a goal. He assured me and I was just watching. I'd love to see him given the Carling Cup, maybe play one in one out with Sczcesny or send Sczcesny out on loan for 3 months.

Frustration was always going to set in for Mannone, he's a young keeper with a massive reputation in Italy and he's always going to want the #1 for Club as well as his Country. I feel for the lad, Wenger doesn't seem keen on Almunia anymore, so bump him down the list and move Mannone up to 2nd choice, give him a shot. You can't stiffle youth and talent forever, you'll kill it.

Fingers crossed for an injury free week for Arsenal players!

WG

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment