Free Blog Counter

Friday 15 October 2010

It just takes time to negotiate the revolving door.

At Arsenal we have a product, a verve, a style of our own.

I think people don't give Arsenal enough credit for that. Arsene has created a side that neutrals love to watch and countless hours of enjoyment for the fans of the club.

What disappoints me is the apparent new installation at the Emirates, our new Revolving Door Policy. In my years as an Arsenal fan, I've never seen so much transfer activity involving first team players as I have in the last 5 years.

What I have seen is that the players who have come in have impressed and appear to be the right players for the club though thats not to concede that certain players have also moved onto pastures new for varying reasons. In the last three seasons we have let go the following first-teamers(for varying reasons);

Lehmann
Gallas
Toure
Campbell (ok, 6 month wonder so maybe not fair?)
Flamini
Gilberto Silva
Hleb
Eduardo
Adebayor

Can we honestly say we have brought in better? Thats not to say the likes of Ramsey, Koscielny, Squillaci, Vermaelen, Nasri, Chamakh haven't made their mark. Certainly in time I think we may be much better off. For now, I think we are still counting the costs and tending the wounds of losing all those extremely good, world-class players.

I'd love to hear your opinions on it. I know the players left for varying reasons and many were more than valid, but if Arsenal is going to win some silverware can we afford to keep swapping out players when we need a solid core of players to reach the plateau of sustained successful performances. As much as I hate Chelski and ManYoo the core of their teams has been the same for the last 5 years, with the odd player tweak here and there but nothing like the wholesale changes we've endured.

So if we're to win something this season I think its fair to ask the question, "Is this team any better than 2008? Or 2009?". I believe it is, I think we have some exceptional talent in our squad. I just wish we could hold onto it, just for a year or two. To realise our dreams this is a must.

WG

Technorati : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment