Free Blog Counter

Sunday 24 October 2010

How to silence one's critics

Massive game today for us. It was a must-win game and we did just that. It wasn't a game marred or tainted by anything. It was a great performance. There can't be a "what if" from Citeh. Boyata had to go. I feel sorry for the lad, he's young and he'll learn from this.

Lukasz Fabianski has had much to contend with during his time in an Arsenal shirt. Today he flipped the bird at everyone, including me that ever doubted his potential. He was awesome in goal today and never looked like conceding. From the first save from Silva to the end he was switched on, tuned in and the nervous errors truly locked out.

I was in awe of his first save, I'd wager money Almunia wouldn't have stopped that. It was excellent. Saves like that are what Wenger's been seeing in training all along and I'll guarantee noone will be happier than him with the exception of Fabianski.

Todays game was everything I could have hoped for and more. It could have been four or five to the Arsenal and I loved every minute of the 93 played. I thought we fought very well and another player to do himself credit today was Denilson. He was superb sitting deep with Song and fighting in the midfield.

I think there are lots of things we can take out of the game. Djourou played superb alongside Squillaci who again did very well. Clichy played extremely well also. I think a lot can be said for confidence in the guy between the sticks. But in general it was an excellent team performance.

A great result. More to follow tomorrow when its sunk in.

WG

Technorati : , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment