Free Blog Counter

Tuesday 9 November 2010

The 'Keeper Conundrum

I was thinking...after this weekends performance would it really be a bad thing to put Eboue in goal? - Especially after the feedback I've received about Eboue!

I jest of course! In reality, I do trust Fabianski. I think he has all the ingredients - more so than Almunia who despite a few decent performances certainly isn't world class and will never be. Fabianski can continue to grow into his number 1 role and I think he will be a great asset.

What then of the emerging talent of Sczcesny? He undoubtedly has talent and a healthy ego to rival Bendtner. He performed well in the Carling Cup and gave much to the clamour from certain quarters for him to be given a shout. There was also a few mistakes that showed his inexperience and these need to be taken in with the same weight as the good saves he made.

He's talented, but raw and I wouldn't thrust him into the first-team in the Premier League. We can't afford to train a keeper on the job - an argument often also levelled at Fabianski who has much more experience.

What can Arsene do? Surely he can't throw him in, so does he risk losing him on a free as has been mooted in the press? I don't know how Sczcesny really feels about it all but he must realise he isn't ready just yet? He's close, I think again he has every ingredient required except experience.

What do you guys think?

WG

Technorati : , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , ,
Flickr : , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment