Free Blog Counter

Monday 15 November 2010

Unbeaten on Merseyside since 2007

The thing about Arsenal this season is that I'm still not sure which Arsenal will turn up to a game. Wednesdays performance against Wolves was awesome, it was a committed, determined performance and we aquitted ourselves very well against the physical threat of Wolves.

I didn't feel concerned pre-Everton. I really rate them as a side (they always start the season badly (poor pre-season?) ) and David Moyes continues to work tiny miracles on a half-shoestring budget but I felt if we took the intensity from Wednesday to the table then it would be us feasting on the sunday roast by 4pm.

Things conspired against me to post the above pre-match. No excuses about the game however, I watched it and I was pleased to see that intensity again. The determination stemming from Fab4 set the marker for our performance. We were in control for the 90 minutes and it was disappointing to concede that goal in the dying minutes. Albeit a scrappy goal, I felt we didnt really help ourselves by not keeping the ball and clearing our lines better.

All in all though an excellent away performance against a top side. Lets not fool ourselves, Everton aren't rubbish and will be around the top 6 by the end of the season. Chamakh played well yesterday, his movement constantly keeping Jagielka and Heitinga on their toes. Great goal by Sagna (66-1, might have a quid on him for the next game, these things seem to go in sequences) to beat Howard at his near post and his first goal for two years.

Great news with Chelski getting done by the Mackems!! I had a feeling the ascendency was with the Mackems pre-match so I had a couple of quid on sunderland to beat chelsea at 17-1. Result.

I'll be posting something this afternoon about Aaron Ramsey and his reintegration this month.

WG

Technorati : , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment