Free Blog Counter

Wednesday 24 November 2010

What a fab result

We risked Fabregas in a game where we shouldn't have needed him. Now we've lost him for 3 weeks.

I'm just stunned to be honest. Braga is not a team that should beat us 2:0.

There are players who went for the ride yesterday and it cost us the game.

Normally I'm a positive guy, but I'm getting fed up of feeling embarassed.

To clarify, we needed 3 points from Shakhtar away and we'd qualify. We didn't get it. We needed 3 points against Braga to qualify, we didn't get it.

I almost want us to lose to Partizan at home to prove a point - nothing less than 100 percent effort and concentration for 90 mins. Its not hard, players do it on pitches every weekend. Just switching off seems ro be our curse. Its bloody daft to be honest.

Where does this leave us? Needing to scrape a result at home againt partizan just to qualify. Lots to look at on the training ground I think. Certain personnel need dropping for a game or two.

I'll post a player focus later, something a little bit more positive I hope!

WG

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way. Braga is no where near a good enough team to beat us, especially 2-0.
    We've had quite an up and down season, and I feel like when we hit our highs we get lazy and relax too much and start to slack off and then we get beat a couple times. Then then the cycle starts again and we realize we haven't won shit, so there is no reason to relax.

    It's been a long time coming now that people should be sat for awhile til they get their head on straight. Unfortunately, I think Fabregas is one of them. We've got plenty of attacking midfielders (Nasri, Wilshere, Rosicky, hopefully Ramsey soon enough) to cover the midfield, so let him sit and get healthy and figure out what his mental issue is. His costly mistake against Sp*rs devastated me, and he needs to show he's not just lazing around this season before he shoves off to whoever the highest bidder is.

    ReplyDelete