Free Blog Counter

Monday 22 November 2010

Lift up rug and sweep....furiously.

I've considered it, even written it but I have no intention of publishing my review of this weekends game. I just don't want to talk about it. My post was full of vitriol and not for anyone's eyes but my own. I've since rediscovered my centre and I'm at peace.

Tomorrow then, away to Braga. Clichy, Arshavin and Van Persie all miss the trip to Portugal in a game where we need all 3 points. Clichy has a back injury, Arshavin is knackered and Van Persie is still chasing full fitness. I would suggest however that it might be better for RvP to travel and play 30 mins or a half against Braga unless he is injured?

We're still short of the likes of Almunia, Diaby and the luckless Vermaelen due to their respective injuries so we will probably see a starting eleven similar to what started on Saturday. I hope Vermaelen recovers soon, I feel we're missing that communicator, that leader at the back hugely.

I would like it, I really, really would if Djourou started instead of Koscielny, he's in much better form. I'm restraining myself from saying anything unnecessary here, we all know what happened at the weekend.

I expect a much improved defensive performance tomorrow night. My ideal squad for tomorrow is below, tell me what you think

Fabianski

Sagna

Squillaci Djourou

Gibbs

Wilshire Song

Nasri Fabregas Rosicky

Chamakh

So, ignoring the results at the weekend lets all get behind our boys and support them. We can win tomorrow night and continue our march out of the group stage.

WG

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Team looks pretty good to me, where i think we are lacking in conparison with the teans above us is the lack of penetrating goal ereas, we appear frightened of getting men in the box.
    We get undone by not putting away the chances we create, amazing that we cant score more, we have speed merchants that sprint the wings, what for, he breaks down the wing splits their defence crosses an nobody there, so we play a slower pace and move up together but no body wants to shoot they want to pass why.
    Chelsea and Utd breakaway fast but every body rushes to get in the box and why, because thats where the goal is, untill we take our chances and convert them, dosn't matter quite as much about our defence as long as we score more than we let in.

    ReplyDelete